As you read this, March has arrived, and even though there is still snow on the ground, the official start of spring is not far off. And when the crocuses pop their heads through the snow, you’ll know that real spring is right behind them.
Spring is a great time to shed winter pounds, and start getting back into shape for the summer. There are many ways to get it done, and just as many ways to fit getting it done into your life. Whether you do it with family, friends, or all by yourself, this is the time to start your spring cleansing routine, one that you repeat year-after-year.
It’s really easy to get your body back on track after a long, cold winter. Pick one or two items from the list below and you’ll be on your way. Each time you purify and cleanse, you’ll feel better, and you’ll be adding more steps in no time, until you’re “eating clean” every day.
You can also dive into the deep end from the get-go, if you want, by taking all the steps at once. Or join an organized cleanse class. Either option will have you feeling better, shedding pounds and looking fantastic faster than you may have thought possible!
Try any or all of these:
- Drink water – half your weight in ounces of water is a rule of thumb, but at the very least drink 50 ounces (1.5 liters) daily.
- Make a healthy smoothie every morning for breakfast. You can take it with you.
- Stay away from high-calorie and high-fat lattes.
- You really should pack your lunch, keep it healthy, and portion control it. A salad can be 2-3 servings of veggies, and will increase digestion.
- Raw veggies and hummus are a great snack, and you should eat 6-8 servings of vegetables every day.
- Look up portion sizes online for your fresh foods, meats and fish, and use a scale to get the portions right.
- For packaged foods, make sure you stick to a single portion, according to the listed serving sizes.
- Make a healthy dinner, keep it portion-controlled, keep it light, and keep it very low carb if eating after 6 pm.
- Make every Sunday a prep day for the week ahead - menu, shop, cook, freeze, and portion out for the week in containers that are ready to pack and go.
You can also stop by Medicine World to get a packaged cleanse. I am here to give you the whole skinny on them, and we have many to choose from. If you’re ready to cleanse now, click for a great Smoothie Recipe. I hope to see (maybe a little less of) you soon…